8:17 AM

Miss U Papa



Ever since you left, the life has never been the same..
I kept counting by days your absence and you never came,
Not that I haven't moved on,
but at times when the ghosts of the past come back to haunt me,
my heart bleeds with regret and pain!

You are missed everyday, every single moment and in my stinging sighs,
I always hope to see your smiling face looking at me,
even for the one last time may be.

Oh! how much I yearn for you, no words can tell.
I miss the ensuring warmth of your hug, your fragrance,
your voice, your scoldings, your tantrums, your talks,
your running after me to hand over the lunch I left at home in haste,

your making me match the combination of your suits, and asking me “Am I looking great?”
your questions, your answers, your loud laughters,
your fighting for TV remote, when the match is on,
and peeping in the room to watch us study, when the exams are on.

Waking us up in morning, even before the alarm rings,
and switching off the fan when we wont get up!
I miss your knocking the door at 7 everyday,
and getting late for the office, no matter how early you wake.

Being mad at us first, yet giving in to our demands so effortlessly
playing with the dog, fighting with mom,
jostling around with bro, roaming about all over the house,
those lazy Sundays, those playful jokes
those rounds of tea, those evening strolls...

Nobody does that any more!

You went away, but your thoughts never left my mind.
Even today, when I feel lonely and no one else is around,
I look at your pictures and wish with all my heart
if ever they'd come to life.

I dream of the good times, cheers and joys every night.
But when I hit the reality, my heart is deluged with tears and melancholy – deep and infinite !
I feel so scared and vulnerable, I sulk alone, I tremble in fear.

I so want to thank you for all the good things you gave me in life,
but I guess its too late.
My soul wails to sit with you just one more time, talking,
hoping that the things were all fine.
Futilely wishing you were there with me in the good times,
bad times and all those in between.

But deep inside my heart I know, no matter where you are,
you are watching upon us and we will meet again someday,
somewhere far away.

0 comments: