11:52 PM

I'm at War

Life is a war zone,

And I’m at war!

A war with myself,

A struggle within my shell

Striving to shed the shackles of fear

Blistering within me,

Stoned by the ice cold melancholy;

Strewn here and there...

Why can’t I feel free?

Blinded by the billowing haze;

of dread and anxiety,

I’m turning into a numskull

With my hands held empty,

I’m wedged in a seemingly endless tunnel.

Will someone ever staunch this pain?

O divine redeemer!

Release me from this worldly ordain.

Let me cut loose-

the strings of endless deluge,

Of suffering and death

Allow me come in your refuge…

Hunched with sins, I’m drifting towards my pyre

The chisel of agony is shredding my vigor

Slick with blood, it has pierced my heart

Bit by bit, it has torn me apart.

But now, I’m weary of quarrelling;

with my perceptions, with my ailing...

Burning every moment in the fire of fears

Too fierce to be quenched with tears

O divine redeemer!

Rekindle my soul, cease the fire

burning within me

And set me free from the world, so loony…


- by Rupali

1 comments:

thinking dysentry said...

really nicely put... i know you personally as well so I know what exactly these lines mean.. beautifully put.. i love the word used.. i rreally wish i cud write like this someday...